Founder/CEO

Monday, December 26, 2011

2012 and beyond...!



Reflecting upon 2011 and looking towards the next Gregorian Calendar Year, I just wanted to take a moment to share some of my thoughts with all of you… First and foremost, I want to THANK all of you who have invested time in reading my Articles, Researching the Links/Information I share via my Facebook Page, checking out and subscribing to my Youtube Channel (A.S.I.A. TV), purchasing my Literature/Music, connecting with me and just communicating with me in whatever capacity we’re able to. It is very much appreciated!! The numerous dialogues, testimonials, letters, questions and constructive advice I receive on the daily lets me know that what I do is not in vain b.u.t. is serving my intended Purpose; encouraging positive growth & development. There are also many People I’ve had the pleasure of meeting for the first time and others I’ve had the opportunity to build/rebuild relationships from all over the World. None of us are in each others lives by chance, and I look forward to what these bonds continue to positively produce for the future. You are also all very much appreciated!! 2011 has been one of my more productive, progressive and positive Years. My Queens are doing very well, I’m very happy about our state of Health and there were many things I was able to consistently and successfully accomplish. As far as Resolutions are concerned, I don’t have any. I am a work in progress so I’m always exploring ways to improve myself so that I can be a greater Resource to others. Living a way of life that includes the phrase ‘striving for perfection’ as a part of its premise is the essence of any/all Resolutions. Therefore, I will continue being as resolute as I have been.

For those of you who’ve made Resolutions for 2012, here are some points to consider and apply that will help you achieve your Goals in this upcoming Year:


* Although it’s your Resolution not anybody else’s, your Resolution should be something that improves (progresses) you with the intent/consideration of making you a better resource to others and this World you share. Life is interdependent, we all play a role in how the World turns and there is a constant process of giving and receiving. This ensures that your Resolution is something that is sustainable because you are actively providing a service that others and the World needs. If all you’re thinking about is what you can get and not what you’re able to consistently give, what you’re getting will eventually run out; try it with your breath and see what happens.

* Make sure your Resolution is real and obtainable. It’s less likely you’re going to change EVERYTHING at once so work on what you can, alittle at a time. Also, take things one day at a time. It took awhile to create habits and it’s going to take time to change them. The smaller Goals you are able to accomplish serve as stepping stones and helps you build confidence and gain the experience to achieve larger Goals.

* Make your Goals specific. Instead of saying something like, "I’m going to read more" say something more specific like "I am going to read two Novels every Month". This is called Specificity and it not only helps you better focus on your Goals, but it encourages you to be more responsible, committed and accountable for your Goals. If you were to say, "I want to be healthier in 2012" there is no sense of ambition or plan of action to achieve that Goal. Now if you said, "I am going to only eat baked chicken once a week and go to the gym twice a week for 1 ½ hours" that has a sense of ambition and provides part of a plan of action to achieve your Goal of being healthier in 2012.

* Set a projected Time/Date for your Goals. Setting a Time/Date creates a sense of urgency, responsibility and accountability to meet your Goals. If you don’t meet your Time/Date then set another one. Without setting a Time/Date then we’re saying our Goals aren’t really a priority (important) because under these circumstances they can happen any Time and any Day. That is not resolute.

* Write down your Resolutions. I’ve known People who had challenges with organizing their day, appropriating their time and focusing on achieving their Goals. One of the solutions was writing down these Goals on index cards or signs and posting them in visible places around their home. This helped reinforce/remind them of their Goals so they don’t allow themselves to get lost in the hustle & bustle of the day.

* Only share your Resolutions with those who have shown themselves to be supportive of you fulfilling them! If they’re not there to help then they’re going to hinder.

* Look into Networking with People/Organizations that will help you fulfill your Goals. If you want to cut back on the substances you’ve been using like Drugs/Alcohol, reach out to Local/Regional/National Organizations that specifically deal with Drug and Alcohol Abuse.

* Keep a Positive Outlook! Some days it will be easy to maintain a level of positivity and other days you need ‘social equality’ (fellowship) with others -who share the same Goals and are just as resolute as you are about positivity. This means, whatever Religious, Cultural or Secular Organization you are a Member of or Affiliated with, invest the time to be there and learn as much as you can about the positive Principles/Values they’re sharing with you. This is part of your foundational Network and will help you maintain a Positive Outlook when you need the support, which we all do.

* Your Resolution is not the end all be all. Some People live to have a Wedding while others strive to be Married have a Family and etc.. While the former is a Place, the later is a State. So although your Resolutions may help you arrive at a place, the ultimate Goal should be to achieve a State of Existence. And this State of Existence should set the stage to make other Resolutions to achieve even higher/greater Goals! It’s all about constant growth and elevation, not stagnation. Life is constantly changing & evolving and so should the living.

In closing, I want to wish every one of you and your Families a very safe, happy, healthy and productive 2012!! I also will that while reflecting on this past Year, we consider those negative things we've held fast to that has not only destroyed our ability to unify with others, b.u.t. has undermined our ability to accomplish anything significant on our own. If we think/know we have offended, wronged or hurt somebody then take advantage of this moment in time to apologize. If you think/know you've been offended, wronged or hurt by somebody then take advantage of this moment in time to forgive. Begin your New Year with the right mindset, on the right foot while making the right decision to move forward. We’ve all had challenges within ourselves and with others this past Year and I will that 2012 is much more positive and progressive for us all!

Peace,
Saladin

3 comments:

Asad said...

Hey, this is Asad, the webmaster for United Black America Online. Just wanted to let you and all your readers know that you made our list of
the 100 Best Black Websites, 2012 Edition! (http://unitedblackamerica.com/black-america-web-100-sites/). Keep doing what you do over here,
and come check us out sometime.

Peace!

#AtlantisBuild said...

Peace Asad!

Thank You very much!! I checked out your Site and I really appreciate that!!

Peace,
Saladin

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan dosage gad - recovering from ativan overdose