Who needs an "Enlightener" Anyway?!!
First I would like to state an actual fact in order to clarify one of the most vital points in our way of life and that is “No one can enter unless allowed by a qualified Enlightener”. I think that it is necessary to make this Knowledge Born (Known) because some people are under the impression that there is some type of “back door” that exists in becoming an active member of The Nation of Gods ands Earths. Here are some of the most common misconceptions that people have about becoming a part of the NGE:
- You can “be down” by learning Wu-Tang Clan lyrics/lingo or other Rap Artists who are either members or loosely affiliated with the NGE.
- You know how to say the Supreme Mathematics and/or the Supreme Alphabet.
- You try or do use common language of the NGE.
- You are qualified to talk about who we are because you bought the Wu-Tang Manual.
- You have “the lessons” from downloading them off a Nation of Islam affiliated website.
- You frequent NGE websites, message boards and talk to Gods and Earths (maybe?) on the internet.
- You know someone or are related to someone who is in the NGE.
- You were in prison and met Gods or Earths there.
- You used to be in the Nation of Islam and received your “Supreme Wisdom” book which contains the lessons.
- Your significant other is a member of the NGE so that gives you a free pass.
One of the determined ideas of this way of life is to use knowledge to cultivate ourselves to the extent that our uprightness leads us to God-centeredness. In layman’s terms we are trying to get ourselves “right” or “strait”. We were naturally born a specific way and we try to rid ourselves of the things and obstacles that try to make us other than our natural self. Knowledge provides us with the information and awareness to be Wise enough See what we need to do to obtain and maintain this God-centeredness. You can never achieve this by not being strait up from the door, and the Enlightener is the door!
“Everyone has become a gold seeker, but the ordinary do not know it when they see it. If you cannot recognize it, join a wise man.”
“While a Sufi may attain illumination within a long or short time, he cannot actually teach until he has received the Robe of Permission (to enroll students) from his own mentor;”
“The guide, philosopher and friend who is the Sufi teacher, then performs what may be considered to be many functions. As a guide he shows the Way- but the aspirant must himself do the walking.”
“Everyone, when he gets to a certain stage of mere personal sophistication, thinks that he can find the way to enlightenment by himself. This is denied by Sufis, for they ask how a person can find something when he does not know what it is.”
- The Student usually humbly approaches the Master’s Temple from a state of darkness (ignorance) in search of light (knowledge).
- Even if the Student tries to fool the Master he eventually breaks down and asks to be taught.
- Before the Master accepts him/her as a Student he puts them through a series of tests to determine if the Student is sincere.
- Most times they feel that the Master doesn’t want to teach them but in reality he is only testing their sincerity.
- If the Master finds that the person is sincere he takes him on as a student.
- The Master is very wise and crafts the Student’s curriculum around his temperance.
- The Master gives the Student pre-requisites to prepare the Student for what they will learn.
- The Student usually has the wrong motivation why they want to learn but
- The Student is usually impatient because they don’t know what to expect.
- The Student usually gets frustrated because they expect to know all things instantly.
- The Student sometimes feels that the Master is misleading them and may question his authority.
- The Student eventually understands the Masters determined idea and that is usually when the Master is no longer present.
You can find some, all or small variations of these basic concepts throughout many Martial Art’s Films and they give you a basic idea of what goes on during the relationship of a Master and a Student. What it ultimately comes down to is the fact that a person becomes a qualified Enlightener through a qualified Enlightener. This may not be the way that it is in other “spheres” but in this way we try to ensure that when a person say’s that they are God or the Earth they can show and prove it. Not through what books they have, rhymes they can quote, how long they did a bid, or who they know. This is based upon who their Enlightener was/is, what tree they come from and what they are doing to corroborate the fact that they are the God or Earth.
Peace to all the TRUE and LIVING!