Founder/CEO

Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Keys to Successful Community Building

#NiagaraFalls Mayor Robert Restaino, Myself, City Administration Anthony Restaino

 

     On Monday, April 4th I sat down with the Mayor and City Administrator of Niagara Falls to secure a permit for a Nature of Things documentary project that I am working on and to discuss other items regarding moving our municipality forward. Allah, the founder of our nation of the Five Percent was not anti-government. In fact, he successfully worked with Mayor John Lindsay's NYC Administration to help shape the policies that positively impacted the youth in his Harlem community. It was through his efforts that city government made various projects, programs, and initiatives available to support these at-risk youth and their families. As I share often, this is what was most impressionable to me about the work of Allah and his Five Percent. I grew up watching my parents and other adults work within my community and provide opportunities for neighborhood youth so I always recognized the value of such work, and benefitted from it myself.

     Over the years of doing community outreach and youth advocacy I have experienced a lot. There have been many frustrations, times I have felt disappointed and methods I have learned to be successful in these undertakings. In terms of youth advocacy, I built this online course for those who want to learn effective ways to reach/teach the youth. You can check out my Atlantis School For Gifted Youngsters Youth Outreach Development Course HERE.

     On Tuesday April 4th I recorded this LIVE expounding upon various things that I have learned about community building. I was inspired to share it because I noticed some of my social media contacts expressing their frustrations and disappointments about getting people involved in community work. You can check out this recording below:


Peace,

Saladin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peace....Appreciate the math. Need to 8 with you 7.
CWA630@gmail.com
C-WISE ALLAH